How Wide Should My Awning Be
– Criteria to take into account
– What to measure?
The simplest solution: have a blind fitter come to your home to assess your needs.
Awning dimensions: criteria to take into account
Elements to take into account.
Choosing the right awning also means selecting the correct dimensions. To do this, you need to take into account
– The space to be covered (terrace, balcony, veranda, etc.) and its orientation.
– The use of your future awning (protection against heat, against light, outside view, energy savings…).
– Your needs for projected shade.
– Your geographical location (wind, sunshine…).
– The co-ownership (if you are concerned) can impose specific dimensions and colours as well as refuse to allow you to install an awning.
Awning dimensions: what to measure?
Here are the dimensions you will need to order your blind:
◦ Remember to check that there is room above the opening to fix the blind.
◦ The blind will need to be placed high enough to not interfere with the possible opening of shutters.
– Advance of the blind (depending on the desired ground shade)
Installing an awning
– Installing an awning yourself
– Calling in an awning professional?
– Safety and awning installation
Whether you install an awning yourself or by a professional, installing an awning is not to be taken lightly.
It is possible to install an awning yourself, but a professional can provide countless guarantees.
Installing an awning: yourself
Being manual is a prerequisite for a sound awning installation. Knowing how to assemble and connect all the parts correctly requires even more effort, especially for an outdoor awning.
Only a good handyman can install an awning by himself, but beware of:
– Warranty problems: the manufacturer’s warranty does not work without installation by a qualified professional;
– Technical problems: malfunctioning and deterioration of the awning due to faulty installation.
Are you calling in an awning professional?
The first advantage of entrusting your awning installation to a professional is the guaranteed installation time (contractual commitment). But above all, a professional is perfectly aware of all safety issues. Precision and professionalism are the guarantees of a sound installation.
– compliance with standards (electricity);
– precision and professionalism;
– adjustment of the awning;
– control of the installation;
– protection of the premises during the work and cleaning afterwards;
– damage insurance for possible damage during the installation of the awning;
– installation guarantees of up to 7 years (motor, frame, fabric) and 2 years (control switches);
– after-sales service, sometimes with a commitment to intervene quickly in the event of a problem;
– the installer will provide you with a maintenance sheet after the installation.
Choose an awning supplier and installer contractually committed to an installation timeframe.
Safety and installation of the awning
– Complies with electrical standards;
– Guarantee against possible damage during installation;
– Guarantee by the manufacturer for the specified years (7 years, 2 years for controls);
– Kept in mind by a maintenance sheet given after installation of the awning;
– Maintenance and service (after-sales service).
Hope this post has been informative to you. We will soon publish another post on blinds and awnings. Should you wish to read on something more specific, please do not hesitate to leave your comments below, and we shall get back to you with the necessary information. Till then, stay posted, stay safe!