Weddings can be stressful and complicated, but if you are not planning it then you are lucky! Guests are lucky as they have less to invest in terms of time and money. However, there are different types of wedding guests- the uncles, aunties, hoards of cousins, and friends! They are the ones that lead the wedding after the bride and groom. We rely on them for a great time, memorable experiences and unforgettable moments.
Choosing the perfect look for a wedding can be tricky as you will dress up according to the theme and even if it’s themeless, then it will be according to the bride’s wish! If you are still confused with being at the perfect wedding, here’s a short list of do’s and don’ts for wedding guests:
• Do RSVP before the due date. You don’t want to be counted out of the list!
• Buy an early gift. Whether it is from a couple’s registry or more personal, buy it earlier.
• When the date and time are mentioned, it means that the wedding is expected to start at that time specifically. So be on time!
• If the wedding is themed, do pay special attention to the dress code imposed by the couple.
• Stay away from the photographer! Not because he/she is creepy but because the couple would want the focus to be on them. That’s what he/she is getting paid for.
• Congratulate the whole family, even if you don’t know them personally. Do thank them and congratulate them.
• Enjoy yourself! Grooms and brides may get worked up if they notice that guests are not enjoying themselves.
• Sign in the guestbook. Even if you have wished them personally, don’t forget to write in the guestbook!
• Before leaving do take your favor! It’s a sign of gratitude from part of the couple.
• No WHITE OR BLACK dresses, gowns or tuxedos. Wearing white is exceptionally for the bride that day! None of the shades of white is allowed.
• Don’t wear pantsuit or too-short or revealing cocktail dresses.
• Don’t overdo your makeup.
• Wearing backless dress with lingerie reveal isn’t suited for weddings. So NO!
• Leave the animals prints where they belong- in fashion shows. Not advised to wear for weddings.
• Don’t bring a date unless it is mentioned that you can!
• Don’t bring large gifts!
• Don’t forget to turn your phone off!
• Even if it’s your close friend’s wedding or your cousin, it certainly doesn’t mean that you have to get wasted! If you know you get drunk quickly, then stay away from alcohol!
We do hope that this clears out the confusion you had about being a wedding guest!