– Characteristics of the glass door
– Advantages and disadvantages of interior glass doors
– Interior aluminium door: characteristics
– Advantages and disadvantages of the aluminium internal door
The interior glass doors are discreet and let the light circulate in your interior. Unlike aluminium, which is light, double glazing is heavy, so you need to provide good anchoring with a suitable frame.
Glass is often combined with other materials such as wood. The glass door remains affordable in terms of prices in standard quality.
If you would like a customized quotation, please contact AluExperts. They will be able to understand your needs and offer you the best option and a free quote.
Characteristics of the glass door:
– The main asset of this type of door is the abundance of light that it allows indoor. It makes a room much brighter.
– Quite heavy, especially if the glass has special characteristics, anti-break-in, thermal and acoustic insulation.
– The anchors are different from traditional doors; the implementation is therefore more delicate especially with the risk of breakage, the difficulty in handling.
Advantages and disadvantages of interior glass doors
– Very bright and discreet.
– Good acoustic and thermal insulation with the right glass.
– Quick and easy maintenance (just wipe off with a damp micro fibre cloth).
– Risk of breakage unless anti-break-in glass or anti-break-in film is used.
– Prices vary greatly depending on quality.
Interior aluminium door
Choosing the material for interior doors is not always easy, especially since a wide range of models is available. Among the materials offered, there is aluminium. You will see below, the characteristics as well as the main advantages and disadvantages of the aluminium interior door.
Aluminium interior door: characteristics
The aluminium interior door is a real eye-catcher for fans of design decoration. It has the following special features:
– It is made of a lightweight material and can be used in any room of the house or in any kind of business premises;
– It is aesthetic: the aluminium door integrates perfectly into a contemporary interior;
– It is adapted to any opening system, whether it is a:
– Hinged opening,
– Sliding opening,
– Pivot opening,
– Folding opening;
– It can be mounted on any type of standard frame or on a door block.
Good to know: the aluminium internal door can be combined with other materials such as wood and glass.
Advantages and disadvantages of the aluminium internal door
– It does not warp over time: it has a great longevity;
– It does not require any particular maintenance: a simple cleaning is enough to keep it beautiful for a long time without the need to apply paint or specific treatment such as anti-rust, for example. However, it is quite possible to repaint an interior aluminium door with metal paint in the colour of your choice;
If you would like a customised quotation, please contact our door specialists at AluExperts. They will be able to understand your needs and offer you the best option and a free quote.
– Designed in a non-flammable material, it is ideal in rooms exposed to a high risk of fire;
– It is an excellent sound insulator, provided that it has a honeycomb wall;
– It is insensitive to UV rays: therefore, its appearance does not tarnish with light.
Good to know: To ensure that your aluminium interior doors are in perfect harmony, you can choose a set of designer door handles in the same or a complementary colour.
– It’s much more expensive than a simple aluminium door;
– Its performance without a cellular wall is low in terms of insulation: aluminium is not recommended for unheated rooms. Aluminium is a conductive material and therefore has low thermal insulation. This is why it is useful to opt for an aluminium door with a double wall or with thermal break if you do not want to reduce the quality of the interior insulation already installed on the walls, ceiling and floor.
Good to know: the interior door made of poor quality aluminium is relatively fragile. If it is to be used frequently, it is best to choose an aluminium door with a reinforced wall. It may cost more than an entry-level aluminium door, but the investment is worth it.
Finally, the price of an interior aluminium door will depend on several criteria, such as:
– The type of door: sliding, swinging, folding, and pivoting;
– Its design: structured aluminium, smooth, etc;
– Its quality: double wall, thermal break, and honeycomb wall;
– The supplier. Hope that this post will help you to make up your mind in choosing between glass door and aluminium door. Please, remember to write your comments below.